Relentless Pursuit of Efficiency
Raising fuel efficiency by up to 8%
EPIQ’s technologies work in tandem with the PACCAR MX-13 engine, the PACCAR Automated Transmission with proprietary communication technology and the PACCAR rear axle resulting in a truck featuring components that work together to save you fuel.
Peterbilt also conducted a complete aerodynamic analysis of the 579, followed by refined performance with computational fluid dynamics, wind tunnel testing and thousands of miles of on-road validation.
The results are better fuel economy, precise shifting and reduced weight, improving fuel efficiency by up to 8% compared to the 579 vehicle without EPIQ. Innovation never stops – EPIQ continues to evolve.
- 3-Piece Bumper with Aero Bumper Dam
- Aerodynamic Hood with Wheel Closeouts
- Exterior Mirror
- Optimized Sunvisor
- Extenders with Rubber Guard
- Pulled Forward Roof Fairing
- Roof Fairing Close-Out and Trailer Bridge
- Side Skirts (above and below chassis fairing)
- Extended Chassis Fairings with Kick-Out